A GREAT time out is this – … not this-
A time out is a GREAT thing when you’re a grown up. It’s not about punishment, it’s about re-aligning with your values and goals, taking a deep breath, and getting a 10,000 foot view of your business.
What happens when you don’t take time outs?
1. You say yes to things that feel like a compromise.
2. You can get ahead, but not like where you end up.
3. You run a hundred miles an hour in a million directions, but never get where you want to go.
4. You miss great opportunities because you feel scrambled and overwhelmed.
What are some easy time outs? The first two are simple sanity savers, the next three are more strategic steps, and the last is shameless self promotion.
1. Go outside for 10 minutes, and leave your phone inside!
2. Turn off your email for an hour. If you really want to get crazy, turn off Facebook, too.
3. Take time to write down your values and your goals so you know your interior foundation (values), and the destination you’re shooting for (goals).
4. Do a weekly or monthly review of your activities and results.
5. Get an outside perspective on your business from a colleague, accountability partner, or coach.
6. Attend an awesome business retreat!
Create clarity, focus, and a refreshed perspective – put yourself in a time out on a regular basis!
Leave a Reply