I’ve been on an emotional roller coaster, trying to sort through an onslaught of thoughts…
Wrap up deals. Wrap up presents. Lock down California. Cancel holiday plans.
It’s the end of the year and I’m feeling tremendous pressure which turns into…
But right now I’m experiencing a moment of clarity, so I’m writing down what I personally need to do to close the year strategically and with my sanity intact:
1. Break a sweat. Yep. Exercise.
2. Brain dump. When my head is swirling with ideas, dumping them all out on paper – messy and massive – takes my stress down tremendously.
3. Focus on what you CAN do. Look at the brain dump and figure out what you can control and what you can’t.
4. Time block to get it done. Take what you CAN do and reserve time blocks in your calendar to do it.
5. Go with your gut. If you could see the real-time writing of this, you would crack up. Right after I wrote that, I thought, “Should I write that? (delete delete delete) Or wait… maybe I should include it. What if people don’t understand what I mean. Should I explain?” I’m leaving it in, because it’s something I need to remember, and the ensuing story is pretty hilarious.
Good luck with the rest of your year. I’ll be back here writing again shortly – being strategic, positive, real, heartfelt, transparent and direct.